We have compiled a list of questions for you to ask yourself if you’re wondering whether to refer to Hotspots.
- Is the home cold?
- If you don’t visit your clients at home, have they mentioned that their home is cold?
- Is the client using blankets to keep warm?
- Are you concerned about the way in which they are trying to keep warm? (For example, a faulty gas fire or a heating system with a switch they cannot manage).
- Do you suspect that the client may be in fuel poverty?
- Is the patient vulnerable? (Vulnerability comes in many different forms. Are they elderly? Are they living with a long term health condition? Are they disabled? Do they have a respiratory, cardiovascular or pulmonary issue? Are there young children in the household?).
- Could they be missing out on any benefits?
- Could they benefit for a home fire safety check?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions then refer the client to us and we will see how we can help. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.