Did you know?
- In order to keep warm, the World Health Organisation recommends that you have your living room at 21˚c and the rest of your home at 18˚c.
- There is a strong link between fuel disadvantage and ill health.
- Older people take longer to notice the cold.
- Homes where the household are living in fuel poverty are more likely to have a a household member with health problems than a household that isn’t living in fuel poverty.
- Many households in fuel poverty are going without other things, in order to be able to afford to heat their homes.
- Excess Winter Deaths take up 1 in 20 winter deaths every year.
- For every Excess Winter Death, there are 8 emergency hospital admissions.
- For every Excess Winter Death, there are 100 households still living in fuel poverty.
But here’s the good news:
- After achieving winter warmth, respondants self rated their health as having improved by 50%.
- After acheiving winter warmth, GP visits were down by 27%.
- After achieving winter warmth, days off work were down by 38%.