Have you been referred via Hotspots? Are you unsure about what we do? Do you need some more information? This page is designed to let you know how our process works and what you can expect from us.
- Your referrer (usually a health or social care professional that you see regularly) will have filled in a Hotspots card that looks like this:
- They will have included your details so that we can get in touch with you, and put their job title on the card. This means that we can tell you who referred you if you’re not sure.
- After we have received your referral, a member of our team will telephone you and ask you some questions regarding your heating system and how we might be able to help.
- If you are interested in insulation, they will refer you to an insulation scheme in your area if you are eligible.
- You may also be referred for a Benefit Entitlement Check to see that you are receiving all of the benefits that you are entitled to. We check this because many people are unaware of benefits that they could be getting. It may also affect whether you get accepted for a heating or insulation scheme, as their criteria is often judged on which benefits you receive.
- Sometimes we pass people’s details on to the Fire Service for them to have a Home Fire Safety Check. This will not only make sure that you are safe in your own home, but they will also fit smoke alarms for free.
- If your situation is very urgent or serious, there are sometimes pots of money available to help. We can’t guarantee this money, but if we think that we can help you in this way, you will be asked a series of questions about your situation, and if we can help, we will arrange for the work to be done.
We try to get in touch with anybody referred to us as soon as possible, so that we can start helping you straight away. We also feed back to your referrer, so that they know that we have begun to help you.
If you have any questions about how our process works, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.